Friday, May 7, 2010

Silver Lake pick-up


Here's what Farmer John had for us at the Silver Lake pick-up this week:

Beets
Mint
Chamomile
Radishes
Baby Bok Choi
Russian Kale
Green Chard (Nicola's from New Zealand and she calls them Silverbeets)
Wildfire lettuce
Collard Greens
Red Oak Lettuce
Negi Onions
Thyme & Oregano

Since the May 25 hearing and our victory at the Planning Commission, my neighbor Frank, who came to the hearing to protest against the Food & Flowers Freedom Act, is still taking photographs of me. Joy! Here he is snapping me in my driveway today at about 7:45pm. I thought to get my iphone out and snap him snapping me.

I remember Frank once telling me that he has a relative who works at the City Attorney's office. I wonder why Frank continues with his camera.

The next hearing for the F&FFA is due to take place on a Friday soon at City Council. It has been postponed a couple of times. Check in at www.urbanfarmingadvocates.org for news on when the next hearing will take place.

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment