Sunday, April 17, 2011

Friday 4/15 Bounty





Never a dull day at Silver Lake Farms. The pace changes with the weather and it keeps us on our toes. Saturday afternoon, all I want to be is horizontal. I watched "Towering Inferno," then Tiffany and I went to check out Culver City. I really want to sell my flowers there when they come in. Hard to tell right now when that will be. I can't believe it took Beat just a few months to establish the growing ground at the Paramour, and it's taking me a year to establish Groovy Canyon. He did it alone. I have some super dedicated, committed, amazing people helping me. I'm getting caught up so I hope to have flowers again soon.

I can't help thinking that's two springs at market missed since my neighbors began their shenanigans. Whatever, I'm slowly getting over it. That crater in my head caused by the bomb they threw is being filled with new experiences that are full of love and light. In the long run, it will all be fine. I'm impatient but I'm really thankful and enjoying this journey. I've learned a lot, accomplished a lot. With Sherry and Sebastian helping now, everything is coming together in a quality way and it's really very exciting.

Graham picked me up and got me back on my feet. Sherry lives three doors down. She is the only one on the street not involved in all that nonsense. She is our lovely conductor. Sebastian works for local beekeeping hero Kirk Anderson in the mornings, and at Groovy Canyon in the afternoons. He nags me in his Argentinian accent, "Tara, when are we going to plant?" I love it. Rachel grows the microgreens and keeps us in compost. Myesha is re-organizing the office I abandoned. I'm moving back in next week. Yay! We get the dining table back! I feel blessed.

New compost tea brewer arrived from Earthfort. Very excited about that. Up til now, Beat and I had been using a homemade contraption to make compost tea. It did the job but it took too long to clean all the nooks and crannies. Earthfort's design is so simple, I love it. And it comes with goodies!

Here's a list of the week's bounty:

From Sage Mountain Farm: Simpson heirloom lettuce with Jordan volunteering at pickup (top left pic). Thank you Jordan! purple scallions (top right pic), Italian heirloom fresh green garlic, red Russian kale, Chantennay carrots, White Icicle radishes (bottom right pic), Joi Choi Pak Choi, Tuscan kale, golden heirloom beets

From Underwood Family Farms: tangerines, red leaf lettuce, leeks, green curly kale, cabbage, broccoli, yellow carrots (bottom left pic), radishes, sugar snap peas

From Rancho Santa Cecilia: pomellos and Golden Nugget mandarins

From Silver Lake Farms: mustard, pok choi and radish microgreens. Looking good Rachel!

Enjoy! I know I will...

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment