Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shareholder Trevor's CSA meal


Shareholder Trevor made this fabulous salad using CSA veggies and a few complementary items. He says: The beets are slow roasted in olive oil at 375 degrees. Then I peel and puree with the juice from one orange. For the balsamic, I wish I could say that I used a 100 year old vintage, but really, I just cooked down some Trader Joe's balsamic with lemon juice and a little bit of honey.

There is bacon included in the dish, and the cheese is Roquefort. The dish also includes celery root fries arranged in a nice pattern, and pea shoots from Silver Lake Farms.

It looks delicious and beautiful! Thank you Trevor!!

Shareholders: What creative things are you doing with CSA bounty?

Tara


1 comment:

  1. Here's a link to the wonderful Blood Orange Olive Oil Cake recipe that I mentioned while picking up my goodies today! http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/02/blood-orange-olive-oil-cake/ Also, Smitten Kitchen is a great blog if you don't know about it already, so it's worth looking at if just for the wonderful photography.

    ReplyDelete